The Broker Pre-License Course is a 72-Hour Course with timed, internet-based end-of-course exam. Complete your Florida real estate education requirement through distance education and your computer. This course reviews all topics and concepts tested on the Florida state exam for Brokers. This course is offered in a Hybrid format which includes a LIVE WORKSHOP REVIEW VIA VIDEOS. In addition we will provide a live webinar on a regular basis to review the course material. The Florida Real Estate Broker (matching text book to the online course) is included with this course. Don’t forget you can purchase our State Exam Prep Book from our Bookstore. *THIS COURSE IS VALID FOR 365 DAYS FROM THE TIME YOU REGISTER!
If you have any questions about our online course, before or after enrollment, please feel free to give us a call before ordering at 800.200.1030 Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. EST to 3:00 p.m. EST, or send an email here.
- Internet Service
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Cookie enabled
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU REGISTER
- Once the course is ordered, no refunds are permitted.
- The course must be completed within one year after registration.
- No additional textbook or materials are required to complete the course. Students are welcome to purchase optional study materials at our online bookstore.
- The Final Exam is timed for 3 hours. A score of 70% is required to pass the exam and to pass the course.
- If the student fails the final exam, the student must wait at least 30 days (but before the 1-year password expires) before the student will be allowed to take another final exam. The student will still able to access the course materials for studying if the first test is failed. If the student fails the second final exam, the entire course must be repeated and the student must pay the full tuition fee again.
- The course is entirely web-based and is not downloadable. The student is encouraged to take his or her time with each section at his or her own pace, provided the course is completed within one year of registration. All quizzes and tests are submitted and graded electronically and are not downloadable.
- Upon passing the final exam, the student will be provided with a certificate of course completion (also known as a Course Report) which the student can print at home. Alternatively, the student can request that a Course Report be mailed directly to the student’s address. The student must bring his or her course report to the state exam.
- In order to take the state exam, the student must complete the online course and have his or her application approved by the Florida Division of Real Estate. Students are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible and not wait until the online course is completed.
BROKER PRE-LICENSE COURSE TIMELINE
- Chapter 1 — Becoming a Real Estate Broker — 3.0 hours
- Chapter 2 — Starting a Real Estate Office — 3.0 hours
- Chapter 3 — Owning and Operating a Real Estate Office — 3.0 hours
- Chapter 4 — Managing Escrow Accounts — 3.5 hours
- Chapter 5 — Office Inspections, Discipline Process, and the Real Estate Recovery Fund — 3.0 hours
- Chapter 6 — Real Property Valuation — 4.0 hours
- Chapter 7 — Real Property Appraisal Methods — 3.5 hours
- Chapter 8 — Comparative Market Analysis — 3.5 hours
- Chapter 9 — Valuing Businesses — 3.0 hours
- Chapter 10 — Agency — 3.5 hours
- Chapter 11 — Contracts — 3.0 hours
- Chapter 12 — Real Estate Finance — 4.0 hours
- Chapter 13 — Real Estate Closings (including closing statements) — 7.0 hours
- Chapter 14 — Real Estate and Federal Taxation — 3.5 hours
- Chapter 15 — Real Estate Investment — 3.5 hours
- Chapter 16 — Planning, Zoning, and Subdividing — 3.0 hours
- Chapter 17 — Environmental Issues Affecting Real Estate — 3.0 hours
- Chapter 18 — Property Management — 3.5 hours
- Chapter 19 — Real Estate Math — 3.0 hours
- FINAL EXAM — 3.0 hours
- TOTAL COURSE TIME — 72.0 HOURS